2016-17 job postings
We are seeking candidates for the following positions:
Girls Modified Lacrosse Coach - March, April, May 2017
Assistant Principal of Curriculum and Instruction
The Assistant Principal of Curriculum and Instruction is responsible for managing and coordinating the curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional development at Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women. The Assistant Principal of Curriculum and Instruction ensures communication of and accountability for the continuous improvement of the academic program in grades 6-12 by developing systematic approaches to improving student achievement based on best practices, assessment data and observation. The Assistant Principal of Curriculum and Instruction is responsible for:
- Upholding the mission of Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women in all interactions within the Mercy community.
- Leading the members of the Curriculum Council in developing goals that support best practices and the academic intents of the Strategic Plan.
- Managing all aspects of the assessment processes for both local and standardized assessments.
- Designing and coordinating professional development activities that align with the Mission and Vision of the school.
- Collaborating with the Middle School Principal to design and implement the 6-12 Master Schedule
- Master’s degree in Education and Administrative Certification; Previous teaching experience preferably at the secondary level
- Knowledge of current literature, trends, and developments in the fields of curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional development.
- Ability establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships as necessitated by work responsibilities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills. Excellent presentation skills. Skill in leading, assisting, developing and supporting staff.