Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women is a Catholic secondary school for young women in grades 6-12 founded in the vision of Catherine McAuley and the ministry of the Sisters of Mercy; we are committed to the education of young women of all faiths and backgrounds.
In an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust, all are encouraged and motivated to develop individual talents to meet the challenges of the 21st century. In collaboration with families in grades 6-12, we promote educational excellence and the development of the entire individual.
At Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women we expect students to take an active role in their learning and personal development while preparing for a lifelong pursuit of knowledge and wisdom in the light of Christian teachings.
Animated by our Motto - Via, Veritas et Vita, we educate young women in the Way - rooted in Gospel values, the Truth - unleashing creative energy for the pursuit of knowledge and the Life - nurturing a hope-filled vision for leadership and responsible service.
We believe that we are a caring school community for young women shaped by our Catholic and Mercy identity, rooted in Gospel values, dedicated to the ministry of service and respectful of cultural and religious diversity.
We believe that our pursuit of academic excellence is centered in Christian character formation and values-based education.
The following are the Critical Concerns of the Sisters of Mercy:
- We must deepen and assimilate more consciously the practice of NONVIOLENCE as an integral aspect of the charism of mercy.
- We must deepen our response to the unrecognized and unreconciled RACISM, past and present, within our community.
- We must revere EARTH and work effectively toward the sustainability of life and toward universal recognition of the fundamental right to water.
- We must continue to embrace our particular concern for WOMEN.
- We must stand in solidarity with IMMIGRANTS.