Dear parents and guardians:
Happy spring! Looking at the calendar, the end of the year is fast approaching. I would love to share with you a few things that are going on at our beloved Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women and some dates to put on your calendar.
The varsity basketball team has had an amazing year! They won the Section V Championship beating Bishop Kearney in overtime. They won the NYS playoff game against Clarence from Section VI last Saturday. This past Friday, they played in the semifinal game at Hudson Valley Community College and lost a hard fought game against last year’s State champion. The spring sports are a great outlet for our student athletes. Spring sports include: lacrosse, outdoor track, sailing, crew, and softball. We have a few teams that will begin over the next few weeks. Once all our sports have started, we will have over 200 student athletes participating.
On Friday, March 24, the seniors will be presenting their Motto Projects to faculty, staff, students, and community guests. This culminating activity has been in the planning process for the past four years; the girls have done a great job preparing for this day. It will be a wonderful day for Mercy seniors as they present their capstone projects.
Important Dates for the Rest of the Year:
• March 23-24 – One Act Theatre
• March 24 – Motto Presentation -Professional Development Afternoon
• March 29-30 – Senior Retreat
• March 31 – Arts Fest Day
• April 13-23 – Easter Break
• May 1-12 – AP Exams
• May 12 – Junior Ring Ceremony & Prom
• May 26 – May Day & Senior Ball
• May 31 – HS Awards Ceremony
• June 1 – Senior Parent Breakfast
• June 1 – Last Day of Classes
• June 5-8 – Final Exams
• June 7-8 – Grade Commencement
• June 8 – Rose Mass for Seniors
• June 9 – Graduation Eastman Theatre
Mr. Terry Quinn
Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women