Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women has been the place for women who make a difference since 1928. Our goal is to provide students with the tools they need to experience Academic Excellence, Spirituality and Lifelong Success. Mercy’s Academic curriculum is college preparatory and follows the NYS Regents standards. Over 70% of the student population participates in the Athletics program as members of 43 sports teams. Mercy students take part in many extracurricular activities, including clubs, student-led groups and the performing arts. Ministry and Service are integral parts of the Mercy experience. The Traditions of Mercy date back to 1928 and include Field Day, Golden Mass and May Day. Mercy alumnae are active with their alma mater, participating in reunions and fundraisers, and many become parents of Mercy students. Leadership on campus and in the community helps students achieve greatness in their college years and beyond.
- THE GIRLS' SCHOOL ADVANTAGE: BY THE NUMBERS
- MERCY ACADEMICS BROCHURE
- 2015-16 MERCY VIEW BOOK
- WHY ALL GIRLS FOR 6TH GRADE?
- 2015 COLLEGE ACCEPTANCES
- 2015-16 OLM SCHOOL PROFILE
- WHY MERCY MIDDLE SCHOOL?
- OUR LADY OF MERCY BROCHURE IN CHINESE
- Mercy has been educating young women since 1928.
- Mercy students hail from near and far, including Albania, China, Congo, Kosovo, Mexico, Nigeria, Russia, and South Korea. Locally, 38 school districts are represented among the ranks of our students.
- Each year, between 98% and 100% of Mercy graduates go on to higher education, attending nationally renowned institutions such as Boston College, Brown University, Cornell University, Duke University, Georgetown University, Harvard University, MIT, NYU Tisch School of the Arts, Rochester Institute of Technology, St. Bonaventure University, U.S. Naval Academy, University of Notre Dame, University of Rochester, Villanova University, Yale and many other prestigious schools.
- Mercy’s Class of 2015 merited over 23 million dollars in college scholarships.
- SAT test scores of Mercy students rank higher than the national average.
- Over 70% of the student population participates in the athletics program as members of 43 sports teams.
- Mercy provides more than $1,000,000 annually in tuition assistance.
- Mercy boasts more than 12,000 alumnae, many of whom are actively involved in the school.