We recognize that our families make changes in their lifestyles and sacrifice so that they may invest in their daughter(s). At Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women, we work diligently to make the Mercy experience affordable and accessible to families while providing an academic experience beyond compare. We offer need-based tuition assistance and academic & leadership scholarships. In 2015-16, 83% of our families that applied received financial aid. Last year, we awarded over $1.3 million in scholarships and financial aid to our families averaging $2,000 in aid to 6th grade students, $3,000 in aid to middle school students and $3,500 in aid to high school students.
Multiple Daughter Incentive
OLM recently announced an incentive to families who have more than one daughter enrolled at Our Lady of Mercy. Every family that applies will receive an incentive; it is applied to the second, third and fourth daughter's tuition. It will range from $500-$2,000 per student, based on the number of families (with multiple daughters) that apply each year and (a lighter consideration of) the family's income. If this benefit is of interest to your family, it is required that you complete the OLM confidential online FACTS financial aid application by March 15, 2017.
A number of partial scholarships are offered to students with exceptional academic ability as they enter our Program.
Incoming 9th grade academic scholarships are based on the results of an invite only scholarship test given in March. Invitations are mailed by the end of February and are based on a student's academic achievement, placement test results and, in some cases, specific scholarship criteria.
- William J. Stoltz Scholarship: (1) $2,000 ($500 for each of the four years)
- Presidential Scholarship: (3) $2,000 ($500 for each of the four years)
- Sister Mary Francesca Alumnae Scholarship - (2) $2,000 ($500 for each of the four years)
- Circle of Mercy Scholarship - (4) $2,000 ($500 for each of the four years)
- Zaremba Scholarship - (6) $1,000 for each of the four years (gifted from St. Louis parish family to a parish family)
Incoming 6th-8th grade academic scholarships are based on academic review of our students' GPA and placement test.
- McAuley Scholarship: a total of $10,000 is available for new students ranging from $500-$1,000 each.
Emerging Leaders Scholarships
Mercy is pleased to announce new scholarships for prospective students (only) for the 2017-2018 school year focusing on service, character, and a commitment to the arts. We will be granting six scholarships to be applied toward tuition in the student's first year.
- The student must have completed an OLM entrance exam no later than February 4, 2017.
- Submit the completed packet before the final deadline of February 8, 2017. Incomplete packets submitted after that date will not be considered.
- Up to three awards will be granted for each of the three scholarships below. Students may apply for one scholarship only.
1. Service Scholarship - Service makes the world go round...An opportunity for a student to reflect thoughtfully on the value of service and on her experience as a service volunteer. Please submit a 5 paragraph essay or 1-3 minute YouTube link (video) explaining your service experience(s), how the experience(s) has impacted you, and what you will bring to the OLM community. Also submit a letter of recommendation from someone involved in your service experience(s), other than a family member, perhaps the Director of an Agency, etc..
2. Character Scholarship - True leaders focus on self-reflection and self-development...An opportunity for a student to share who she is and what she is most proud of. Submit a 5 paragraph essay or 1-3 minute YouTube link (video), explaining the one personality trait you possess and are most proud of, demonstrated by specific behavioral examples, as well as how you plan to continue to develop this trait while a student at OLM. *Please also submit a letter or recommendation from someone who can support your selected personality trait, other than a family member, such as a neighbor, coach, or club advisor.
3. Commitment to the Arts Scholarship - Art is a global language...An opportunity for a student to showcase her talents through the lens of art. This scholarship is designed for students who wish to pursue studies in the field of drawing and painting, sculpture, ceramics, dance, acting, instrumental, vocal, or musical theater. Submit a 1-3 minute audio or YouTube link (video) or a portfolio, explaining how your art is adding interest and/or value to our world. *Please submit a letter of recommendation from someone who can support your love of the arts, other than a family member, such as a dance instructor, instrumental teacher, coach, etc..
1. All applications must include:
a. your paragraph or video (video must be in the form of an accessible YouTube link) or portfolio
b. an application (click below to print the application)
c. a letter of recommendation
2. Click here to access the application.
3. Mail the completed application to Amy Hentschke, Admissions Counselor, Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women, 1437 Blossom Road, Rochester, NY 14610.
4. Completed applications will be accepted between November 30, 2016 and February 6, 2017.
5. All submissions will be reviewed by faculty and staff via committee with experts assigned to each of the specific scholarships.
6. Notifications will be sent out in March 2017 via a letter to the applicant's home.
A variety of leadership scholarships are granted annually to our current students and are based on teacher nominations and a panel review. Examples of our leadership scholarships are:
- Colleen Harrington Scholarship: ten students, two per grade, 8-12 ($500 each)
- 60 for 60 Scholarship: one middle school student ($1,000)
- Sue Clifford-Alvut Scholarship: two middle school students ($1,000 each)
Tuition assistance is available based on the individual family's calculated financial need. We granted $1.3 million in financial aid last year to our families (of which, $324,000 was granted to our new families).
Apply any time after January 1, 2017. To apply, go to our website, Admissions tab, Financial Aid tab or select https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3MK03 . The FACTS application will ask you for your 2016 W2s and 2015 tax returns.