We are different than every school in the Rochester area
Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women is the only all-girls, college preparatory, faith-based private school in our region. For more than 90 years, Mercy has been inspiring our students to set bold goals, speak with confidence, and take the lead – all while maintaining academic excellence, compassion, and a commitment to their individual faith. In the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, we provide an exceptional education to our students while helping each student develop her individual character and a strong moral compass. Research shows that graduates from all-girl schools are more confident, satisfied, and accomplished. With a 100% graduation rate, Mercy helps girls develop into global citizens who are prepared for success in college, career, and beyond.Letter From President and Principal
Welcome to Mercy!
We are so pleased you are considering entrusting Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women with the education of your daughter. As a Mercy Girl, she will be a part of the ever-widening Circle of Mercy – a loving and compassionate family that spans the globe. By choosing Mercy, you should:
• Expect great things from your daughter – as a student, she will be on a journey of spiritual and academic excellence that will forever change her life. The bond of sisterhood she will experience while in school and as an alumna will be cherished for a lifetime. She will grow, she will be challenged, and she will become a leader.
• Expect great things from Mercy’s teachers – our faculty and staff work tirelessly to ensure all our students receive a world class education. Mercy faculty members love to teach and are wonderful advocates for the young ladies. Success is a shared goal among teachers, students, and parents.
• Expect great things from Mercy’s administration – the leadership and Board of Trustees are visionary thinkers and planners. They work in tandem to chart the future of Mercy, always thinking how they can improve the day-to-day life experience of the students, as well as their future.
At Mercy, your daughter will not only benefit from the school’s proven academic excellence; safe and supportive all-girl environment; abundant extracurricular offerings; and inclusive, faith-filled atmosphere… we will help her discover passions within herself which will manifest in wondrous ways we cannot possibly fathom. Life is good in the Circle of Mercy!
Pamela Fennell Baker ’74 P’12
President and CEO
Martin Kilbridge, Ed.D.
At Mercy, girls benefit from:
- 90 years of spiritual and educational excellence
- Safe, comfortable all-girl environment
- 100% graduation rate
- Globally-ready graduates
- Prestigious and successful alumnae network
- Spirited sisterhood of solidarity
- Care for the mind, body, and spirit
- Supportive advocacy of a caring faculty and staff
- Foundation of Christian principles of the Sisters of Mercy
- Passion for success
“When I went to college, research in one of my courses indicated that women are less likely to take leadership positions or speak in class. That wasn’t a problem for me thanks to Mercy. I was never in doubt of my own abilities when I went to college and beyond, and that sense of confidence has let me pursue my goals at full force.”
Claire Mongeau ’07
Founder and CEO