Gathering to celebrate good books and good friends
The Book Club welcomes Mercy alumnae from every graduating year, from the 1930s up to 2021. We read a mix of fiction and non-fiction, current books, as well as oldies but goodies. We try to pick books that are available in the library system, and if possible, available in paperback. Any member is encouraged to suggest books for the list.
The book club meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at The Cafe in Penfield’s Wegmans from 7pm to 8pm located at 2157 Penfield Rd, Penfield, NY 14526 (corner of 441 and 250)
In general, we will always try to meet in easy-to-find public places. That way, no one has to clean up her living room.
For more information about joining the club, contact Taylor Saunders Garrett ’08 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-300-8610.
Mercy Alumnae Book Club 2022-2023 Selections
- October - Hell of a Book by Jason Mott
- November - The Churchill Sisters by Rachel Trethewey
- January - Standing at the Scratch Line by Guy Johnson
- February - Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict
- March - Susan, Linda, Nina and Cokie: The Extraordinary Story of the Founding Mothers of NPR by Lisa Napoli
- April - The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- May - How to be an Anti-Racist by Ibram X Kendi
- June - The Lost and Found Bookshop by Susan Wiggs
- July - The Sewing Girl's Tale by John Wood Stewart
- August - The Book of Two Ways by Jodi Picoult
- September - Silent Spring by Rachel Carson