Mercy Proudly Celebrates Catholic Sisters Week!
When Mercy was established in 1928, its faculty consisted of six Religious Sisters of Mercy, including Founding Principal Sister Mary Francesca Connor. Under her leadership, Sr. Francesca set the foundation for Mercy to be a school where young women could learn to make a difference in the world by developing their personal gifts and talents. The ministry of those first Sisters of Mercy has been maintained throughout our school’s history and we are grateful for the tremendous service of the three sisters currently on our faculty—Sr. Karlien Bach, Sr. Pat Beairsto, Sr. Joan McAteer—as well as everyone at Mercy who remains committed to the legacy of Catherine McAuley.