Every parent/guardian is a member of the Parents Association
The Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women Parents Association sponsors a number of events throughout the year for students, parents, and families. Student events focus primarily on the Mercy tradition and helping to ensure that every young woman leaves Mercy with fond memories of her time at the school. Events for parents include educational programs and events to help you support your daughter as she develops into a confident, successful young woman. We strongly encourage and welcome your participation and involvement.
We welcome your active participation in any way you are able. Our monthly meetings consist of reports from the Principal, committee reports on upcoming events, and topical participation from other administrators and faculty members. Agenda topics can be suggested by parents and faculty for additions to future meetings.
Follow the Mercy Parents Association on Facebook!
The Parents Advisory Board, a subset of the Parents Association, works to encourage greater family involvement in the Mercy traditions. The Advisory Board consists of an Executive Committee, Event Committee Chairs, and Parent Class Representatives. Our meetings are generally the first Wednesday of every month at 7 p.m. in the Boardroom next to the Library/Media Center on the second floor of the Gallery entrance. On occasion, meetings may be moved due to schedule conflicts, so please check the Mercy calendar to confirm dates of the meetings.
The list of events on the Volunteer Form will give you an idea of the type of activities we coordinate. In addition, we are always looking for new ideas and people to lead or assist with them. Please take a moment to fill out the form and return it to the office so that we can update our volunteer list for the year. Many thanks for your on-going support, and we look forward to working with you to carry on the Mercy tradition!
Ways to Get Involved!
- Spirit Day The Parents Association provides and serves pizza lunch on the last day of Spirit Week (September).
- Open House Help welcome prospective students and parents. Help lead tours (with student volunteers) and share a parent’s perspective of the value of a Mercy education (October).
- Faculty and Staff Appreciation Luncheon Provide a luncheon for Mercy’s staff during their annual retreat day. Parents provide food and/or help serve during this celebration of our staff (March).
- Accepted Students Picnics Help serve food and beverages to the incoming students (May).
- Parents Association Award Committee The Parents Association annually awards a total of $2,000 in recognition to five outstanding seniors. These awards are based on the embodiment of the character and spirit of our foundress, Catherine McAuley. Committee members work with the staff to select award recipients based on an application process (April/May).
- Senior Class/Parent breakfast Help us celebrate Mercy’s senior class and their parents. Volunteers are needed to plan, prepare, set up, and serve breakfast. This event is held the morning of the Class Bash (June).
- Various Middle School Events Assist in planning and executing events specifically for the Middle School (various dates).