Mercy’s Counseling Department offers a comprehensive approach to the college search and application process, providing resources and expertise to support our students on their way to finding the right fit for college. School counselors work closely with each student to empower her to take the lead in the process, with the common goal that her search will ultimately result in an enriching college experience. We partner with parents/guardians, faculty and administration in pursuit of this objective, sharing enthusiasm and encouragement throughout the process.
Students begin this process by examining their personal interests, focusing on self-discovery to eventually answer the question, “What is a good fit?” Students have access to Naviance, a college and career planning software throughout their years at Mercy. At every grade level, school counselors deliver related curriculum through individual meetings with students, classroom lessons, and evening workshops for students and parents.
The Class of 2020 merited a total of $40 million in college scholarship offers!
Each year, the Counseling Department:
- Welcomes nearly 100 college admissions representatives to our campus from all over the country, in addition to hosting college fairs on Mercy’s campus.
- Visits different college campuses to gain valuable insights and connect with admissions professionals to promote Mercy’s program.
- Engages students in utilizing Naviance tools at every grade level.
- Offers a summer workshop that focuses on the details of the college application process, including the college essay and resume, ACT/SAT tests, letters of recommendation, admission policies, college visits, and interviews.
- Sponsors a financial aid event that includes individualized support with the FAFSA form.